Saturday 29 September 2007

Crafting roundup

Despite all appearances of inactivity, there has been a slow trickle of crafting over here in the last few months...

Winter knitting, with first a hat for Poppy, who chose the wool herself. A little persuading out of a very fluorescent shade of pink took place, I must confess. I'm not confident that I could knit whilst trying not to catch sight of bright salmon pink wool. Fuschia was much more bearable:



Then a pair of wristwarmers for me. These had the virtue of being finished in time for winter wearing, and also featured my first attempts at cabling! I was very pleased to actually finish a project for myself in the actual season I began it in...and the best thing about these? The wool was such a bargain at our lovely local op shop. And I still have 3 balls of it left!


Then I was at a friend's house for a fortnightly craft group and made this:


Everyone was a little nonplussed. Myself included - I'd meant to try making these a long time ago, after seeing them here. I think it's been about 2 years since I first learnt of them, and how to make them, and now I discover that they are called Penny wheels or yo-yos, and also that they are springing up all over the East coast and North of Australia. Who knew?


1 comment:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh, love the beanie with pom pom ties, that is divine. Yes, penny wheels coming live from Northern Australia, 'tis me. I must admit, while we love Darwin & our children are locals (priviledge reserved purely for people born here, everyone else is crap, like my husband & i) we're really looking forward to feeling cold again, layering clothes & winter accessories. I love scarves too. Love Posie